Put your request in writing or email and include:
- Address and phone number
- Date of birth (if known)
- Name at birth
Approximately what year you entered the Orphanage or Children’s Home.
Any other information that you think will assist in locating your records.
Provide a copy of identification such as:
- Birth certificate
- Drivers licence
- Death certificate (If you are applying as next of kin for a relative’s records).
Accessing personal records is a free service. However, family history requests involve a search fee of $40.
The Heritage Coordinator will contact you prior to processing your request to discuss:
- What information you might be looking for
- What information we can and cannot release given privacy considerations
- What support may be made available to you during this process and after
- How long it may take to locate and organise the information for you
- Opportunities for you to view the photographic collection and films if you would like.
Please send your requests to:
Child & Family Services
115 Lydiard Street North, Ballarat 3350
Requests can be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 03 5337 3333.