How to Access Your Personal Information
Put your request in writing or email and include the following:
- Address and phone number
- Date of birth (if known)
- Name at birth
- Approximately what year you entered the Ballarat Orphanage or Children’s Home
- Any other information that you think will assist in locating your records
Also provide a copy of identification such as the following:
- Birth certificate
- Driver’s licence
- Death certificate (if you are applying as next of kin for a relative’s records)
Accessing personal records is a free service. However, family history requests involve a search fee of $40.
The heritage coordinator will contact you prior to processing your request to discuss the following:
- What information you might be looking for.
- What information we can and cannot release given privacy considerations.
- What support may be made available to you during this process and after.
- How long it may take to locate and organise the information for you.
- Opportunities for you, if you would like, to view the photographic collection and films.
Please Send Your Requests to:
Child & Family Services
115 Lydiard Street North, Ballarat 3350
Requests can also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 03 5337 3333.
CAFS Heritage Centre
8 Market Street, Ballarat Vic 3350
The centre is open to visitors by appointment only. Please contact the CAFS Heritage Coordinator, Sharon Guy, in advance to arrange a suitable time.
Phone: 03 5337 3333 or email: email@example.com