CAFS is recognised as a leading community service organisation. We highly regard our people and recognise they are essential to everything we do.
Benefits to Working at CAFS
CAFS values diversity and actively promotes family-friendly initiatives, equal opportunity and safety in the workplace. In addition, the CAFS Enterprise Agreement provides significant family-friendly benefits above the award:
- Generous salary packaging (full-time and part-time only)
- Additional special paid leave over Christmas and New Year
- Purchase up to 4 weeks additional leave per year
- Generous personal/carer leave provisions
- Ability to hold dual roles equating to 1EFT
- Flexible working arrangements
- Three all staff forums per year with guest speakers
- Family-friendly culture and flexible workplace
- Time in lieu
- Professional development opportunities
- Long service leave after 10 years – pro rata after 7
- A smoke-free working environment
All staff and applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and are required to hold a satisfactory clearance of a current Police Record Check (Category: employment – working with children) and a current Working with Children Check (Category: employment – working with children) under the Children, Youth & Families Act 2005.
CAFS is proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity organisation. We embrace it, value it, celebrate it and support it for the benefit of our employees, our volunteers, our service users and our community. We welcome applications from a range of people including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, People with disabilities, LGBTI people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Advertising of Vacancies
Current vacancies are advertised in the careers section of Ballarat’s The Courier newspaper, other regional newspapers, and on the The Courier website. We may also advertise on www.seek.com.au and www.jobs4ballarat.com.au.
- Carefully review the Position Description for the role you are interested in.
- Prepare a cover letter including a response to the applications questions (maximum 2 pages).
- Update your Resume.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now” button against the relevant role. This will take you to the applicant portal where you must follow the prompts to complete your application.
Applications must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf or .jpg formats to be considered.
If you experience difficulty lodging your application or obtaining a copy of the position description, please call a member of the People & Culture team on 5337 3333 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.