CAFS is recognised as a leading community service organisation. We highly regard our people and recognise they are essential to everything we do.
All CAFS people are required to hold a satisfactory clearance of a current Police Record Check (Category: employment – working with children) and a current Working with Children Check (Category: employment – working with children) under the Children, Youth & Families Act 2005.
Advertising of Vacancies
Current vacancies are advertised in the careers section of Ballarat’s The Courier newspaper, other regional newspapers, and on the The Courier website. We may also advertise on www.seek.com.au and www.jobs4ballarat.com.au.
- Carefully review the Position Description for the role you are interested in.
- Prepare a written response to the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) (maximum 5 pages).
- Prepare a separate cover letter.
- Update your Resume.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now” button against the relevant role. This will take you to the applicant portal where you must follow the prompts to complete your application.
Applications must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf or .jpg formats to be considered.
Applicants that do not address the KSC may not be considered.
If you experience difficulty lodging your application or obtaining a copy of the position description, please call a member of the People & Culture team on 5337 3333 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Important Information for All Applicants
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and hold a current Working with Children Check. Preferred applicants will require a satisfactory Police Record Check before any offer of employment is made.
Benefits to Working at CAFS
CAFS values diversity and actively promotes family-friendly initiatives, equal opportunity and safety in the workplace. In addition, the CAFS Enterprise Agreement provides significant family-friendly benefits above the award:
- Family-friendly culture and flexible workplace
- Time in lieu
- Special Christmas leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Generous salary packaging (only for part-time and full-time positions)
- Long service leave after 10 years – pro rata after 7
- A smokefree working environment
CAFS is a not-for-profit, community service organisation that provides a range of programs and services to children, young people and families who are vulnerable or in need of support. CAFS has a long history supporting families, dating back to 1865 with the Ballarat Orphanage and Ballarat Children’s Home.
We are governed by a Board drawn from the communities in which we serve. Our goal is to give every individual the optimal opportunity to live in a safe and nurturing family. To achieve our goal we are seeking a suitably qualified and committed individuals.