Cafs values uniqueness and is a culturally safe environment. Uniqueness is our strength and how we build great teams. We welcome and universally accept everyone as Diversity drives Innovation.
We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where people feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We foster creating a culture of Equality for all and ensure we are a powerful platform and leader in the community for Social change.
A Message from our CEO
Cafs is proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity organisation. We embrace it, value it, celebrate it and support it for the benefit of our employees, our volunteers, our service users and our community. We welcome applications from a range of people including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, People with disabilities, LGBTI people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander
Cafs promotes a workplace which respects Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, values and practices. We are creating a safe and welcoming environment for everyone, be an employer of choice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and service provider of choice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members.
Cafs Reconciliation Action Plan supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander inclusion.
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Intersex (LGBTI)
As an organisation we wish to support the education of unconscious bias and discrimination for our people and the Community.
- The organisation will embed LGBTI-inclusive practice across all its systems and continuously seeks opportunities for improvements.
- All staff and volunteers will understand their responsibilities to LGBTI consumers and will be trained and able to deliver LGBTI-inclusive services
- LGBTI consumers, staff and volunteers will feel safe to provide personal information including their sexual orientation, gender identity and/or intersex status because they know information will be treated respectfully and there are systems in place to ensure their privacy
- Services and programs will identify, assess, analyse and manage risks to ensure the cultural safety of LGBTI consumers
Building a culture of Respect for all people and communities forms part of Cafs Values. The Inclusion of LGBTI clients and staff is an important part of that work.
Cafs is committed to providing a confident organisation that is equipped to identify and remove barriers for people with disabilities.
- Reduce barriers to people with a disability in accessing goods, services and facilities
- Reduce barriers to people with a disability in obtaining and maintaining employment
- Promote inclusion and participation of people with a disability in the community
- Achieve tangible changes in attitudes and practices which discriminate against people with a disability
Cultural & Linguistic Diversity
Cafs has a diverse workforce that is reflective of the cultural backgrounds of the wider community which helps us to make policy and program decisions that best meet the needs of the community and staff we serve.
Cultural diversity is an important dimension of our organisation’s diversity that brings experiences and knowledge relevant to both the workplace culture and the provision of services to our community.
- Have equitable and responsive services and programs
- Build a culturally responsive workforce
- Have partnerships with diverse communities
- Develop effective and evidence-based approaches