The family violence intervention programs at CAFS are guided by the following No To Violence (NTV) guidelines and principles:
- Men’s violence is unacceptable
- Male family violence must be addressed in the context of gender inequality between men and women
- Men’s family violence is primarily used by men to control women and children.
The programs aim to
- ensure the safety of women and children
- support men to take responsibility for their behaviours
- support men to change their behaviours.
Elements of the family violence prevention programs include the following:
- Intake and assessment
- Individual group readiness counselling
- Men’s behaviour change group work program (18 sessions)
- Partner/ex-partner follow-up
- Women’s support group (delivered in partnership)
- Children’s group (delivered in partnership)
- Referral to other services
- Intensive case management
- Emergency housing for men removed from the family home due to their violence and abuse
Our services for men include the following:
- Information and referral
- Men’s behaviour change groups
- Case management
- Housing assistance
For an appointment, please call 5337 3333. Our services are completely confidential.