Leaving a gift to Cafs in your will – Bequests and Philanthropic Donations
Planning your Will is a deeply personal act. For many of us, it’s a time to think about what matters to us most.
By leaving a gift to Cafs in your Will, you leave a legacy of positive change in our community. Your generous gift will help change the lives of young people, children and families, connecting them with programs that make a positive difference to their future.
Choosing to leave a gift to Cafs is simple.
• Discuss your wishes with your loved ones to help them to understand your motivation for giving to Cafs.
• Consult a solicitor or legal consultant and supply them with our suggested wording.
• Inform us of your bequest so we include your generous gift in our planning and take the opportunity to thank you in person.
There are several ways you can structure giving in your Will. You could leave a percentage of your estate, a set sum or a conditional bequest based on your family commitments.
• A residual bequest is a percentage or share of your estate.
• A pecuniary bequest is a specific sum of money.
• Nominated assets may be property, shares or other items of value.
• A conditional bequest nominates Cafs if your beneficiaries don’t survive you.
How do I nominate Cafs in my Will?
If you choose to include Cafs in your will, please ask your solicitor or will-writing service to include the following details:
Name: Child and Family Services Ballarat Inc. (Cafs)
Address: 115 Lydiard Street North, Ballarat VIC 3350
Registered charity number: A0024417V
Whether you’re an individual, a family trust, a foundation or a private ancillary fund, we’d love to discuss your goals and the ways that our values align with your philanthropic interests.
For more information about Cafs visit cafs.org.au. or contact Serena Eldridge, Manager – Brand Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Cafs is a registered charity and donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.