We are an entirely local organisation caring for local people across the Victorian Central Highlands. For nearly 160 years the heart of our service has been the well-being of children, young people and their families. Each year Cafs helps nearly 7,000 families in our community.
But our care and support means much more than numbers on a page. Every child, young person, and family member we work with has their own story.
Your support means that, together, we can make a lasting difference to the people in our community who are vulnerable and facing some extraordinary challenges.
Each year we:
● Support 6,800 families through 44 active programs.
● Care for 120 children in out of home care programs.
● Support 300 children and families through Kinship Care, Foster Care and Adoption and Permanent Care programs.
● Work with 50 families through our Keeping Families Together program.
● Delivered services to 500 families through Cafs targeted Family Support programs.
● Over 80 children and their families participated in the Strengthening Connections program.
● Worked with 200 men in our Men’s Behaviour Change and Case Management programs.
● Support 300 women to remain safe while their partner participates in Cafs programs.
● Provide brand new clothing to 1,100 people through our Thread Together Hub and Mobile Wardrobe
Our Promise of Quality
Quality governance is key to delivering safe, effective, connected services.
Cafs operate within strict legislative and regulatory environments and has in place a robust quality management system to support our programs, people and clients.
We are pleased to report that Cafs has successfully renewed its Human Service Standards and ISO9001:2018 accreditation.