Cafs has a strong history of providing quality learning opportunities for students undertaking placements. We are committed to providing students with the opportunity to put theory into practice and do meaningful work to improve the lives of the people and community we support.
We currently have a memorandum of understanding with Federation University and a commitment to supporting local students. We prioritise students’ placements as:
- Federation University – students living in the local areas
- Federation University – all other students
- Students from other tertiary institutions.
Applicants must have the support of their tertiary institution for their placement.
If you currently attend Federation University, your first point of contact will be with your placement coordinator. If you’re not a Federation University student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm capacity before you proceed with further enquiries.
- It is the responsibility of the institution to accept all liability for the student during placement.
- The institution is expected to cover the student for Workcover, public liability and professional indemnity insurance purposes.
- No payment will be made by Cafs to the student.
- Prior to the commencement, you must undergo the necessary compliance checks.
We welcome your expression of interest, and we will do everything to accommodate your request. Please be aware that opportunities are limited, due to the high level of interest.
Becoming foster carers can be a life affirming experience. June and Robert always knew that fostering would be in their future; it was just a question of timing.Read more
When you’re a self-employed dad, being sick comes with more concerns than your own health. With no money coming in, Tony was stressed about his family.Read more
Bruce was admitted to hospital for three months, and while he was in there, he asked his adult sons to take care of the home he'd been renting for the past eleven years.Read more
For Bianca and Josh, the excitement of becoming new parents was giving way to exhaustion. They were desperate for more sleep.Read more
115 Lydiard Street North
Ballarat VIC 3350
Cafs acknowledges our past. In the spirit of reconciliation, we give deepest respect to Australia's First Nations Peoples. Their histories, their stories, their resilience. Their connection to culture and land. The wisdom of their Elders past, present and emerging.